Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricky123

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of a good proposal to perform electrical work per plans and specs. I saw a pretty good one a few months ago on this site, but I can't find it.

Thanks

satcom

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of a good proposal to perform electrical work per plans and specs. I saw a pretty good one a few months ago on this site, but I can't find it.

Thanks

The proposal is not the contract, and I would not recommend you preform any electrical work with only a proposal, unless it is designed to be both proposal and contract.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
The proposal is not the contract, and I would not recommend you preform any electrical work with only a proposal, unless it is designed to be both proposal and contract.

I would bet money that if there are plans and specs there is also a contract, if nothing more than a P.O.

satcom

I would bet money that if there are plans and specs there is also a contract, if nothing more than a P.O.

It sounds like he is looking to submit a proposal to someone, and he would need a contract to protect his position, a purchase order would only have the customers terms and conditions

Last edited:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
It sounds like he is looking to submit a proposal to someone, and he would need a contract to protect his position, a purchase order would only have the customers terms and conditions

I would bet money that someone who went to the trouble to have plans and specs drawn up had contracts drawn up as well.

It used to be real common for the specs to have the contractual details incorporated into them and the P.O. would just say that the contractor agrees to abide by the specs, and that covers it. Many times the P.O. comes with multiple sheets of T&Cs which by accepting the P.O. you are accepting the T&Cs.

I think it is not realistic for a contractor in this type of situation to expect that he is going to get the buyer to settle on a contract the EC has written.

But, YMMV.

satcom

I think it is not realistic for a contractor in this type of situation to expect that he is going to get the buyer to settle on a contract the EC has written.

But, YMMV.

If he wants to accept the terms and conditions from the customer then there is no need for a proposal, he would just be accepting the customers terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.