Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Re: Raceway

NMB - me (is that correct and you are a residential wireman like George?), these are really great guys but your reaction was a bit strong. After that, they came back too strongly and things escalated. I think it is time to shake hands, make up, and quit flaming each other.

To address your question, the distance from an exterior wall to a disconnecting means varies. The Code requires it immediately upon entering the building. Different jurisdictions have rules that permit up to 20 ft (that is the furthest I have heard of). In Indianapolis, it is winked at for up to 10 ft but it is not in writing (pity the electrician who is sitting in the witness chair in court).

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will continue to contribute. :D

nmbme

Originally posted by charlie:
NMB - me (is that correct and you are a residential wireman like George?), these are really great guys but your reaction was a bit strong. After that, they came back too strongly and things escalated. I think it is time to shake hands, make up, and quit flaming each other.

To address your question, the distance from an exterior wall to a disconnecting means varies. The Code requires it immediately upon entering the building. Different jurisdictions have rules that permit up to 20 ft (that is the furthest I have heard of). In Indianapolis, it is winked at for up to 10 ft but it is not in writing (pity the electrician who is sitting in the witness chair in court).

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will continue to contribute. :D
Thank you , an answer I can respect. Now you can delete the post .I have no further questions on this matter, again Thanks

[ August 23, 2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: nmbme ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

laughabove.gif
laughabove.gif
laughabove.gif

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Originally posted by ronaldrc:
ROGER YOU FORGOT TO MENTION YOUR PANEL BUSS EXSTENSIONS REMEMBER :D :D
OOOPs! :D :D :D

Roger

ronaldrc

Excuse me for yelling but you should have ask if he was talking about his buss extensions from his main disc. outside too his main panel inside remember. You called them buss extension? :D

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Ronald,

Originally posted by ronaldrc:
Excuse me for yelling but you should have ask if he was talking about his buss extensions from his main disc. outside too his main panel inside remember. You called them buss extension? :D
I think the buss extension discussion (argument) may have caused nmb to go over the edge. :D

Roger

ronaldrc

Roger do you remember that thread I think I got you mad at me that night I apologize.I would just say no one else remembers what we are talking about better leave it that way for my own good. :)

physis

Roger, have I missed a recent buss extension "discussion"? :(

Edit: Hey, wait a minute, Roger got mad at me too once over buss extensions. :D

[ August 23, 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

You guys live in a sheltered world don't you. :D

Roger

benaround

Who would remember the bus extentions thread by Rodger?

Well I sure do,that was when "Get out of the box" was the saying going around.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Frank, the heat may be the problem.

Now that you bring it up though, what was/is your opinion?

Roger

[ August 23, 2005, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

Status
Not open for further replies.