PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
- Austin, TX, USA
- Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
In a related story...I'm guessing he was careful, as he saw it was melted and assumed current flow.
He did say he got shocked on the metal frame door when he tried to enter the house.
In a rent house I used to live in, there was a window with an aluminum frame in the shower. I learned very quickly not to touch that windowframe while I was in the shower. That was before I knew much about electricity, but I did measure 120V between the windowframe and the drain in the shower. It was a high impedance path and there wasn't enough current available for an electrocution, obviously, since I am writing this, but enough for an unpleasant jolt.