Stupidest comment you ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbalsam1

LOL. Back in the old days I was working on a panel when my beeper, on vibrate and with a brand new battery in it, went off. I jumped back and threw my hands in the air and couldn't figure out why I was still getting buzzed.:grin:

Now that's funny!!! That's the kind of stuff that happens to me on a routine basis. :D

yanici

Occupation
Old Retired Master/Journeyman Electrician
When I got out of the Navy I went to work at an electronic maufacturing facility as an electronic tech. It seems that the o-scope they gave me to use, with a 2 wire cord cap, occasionally shocked it's user unless you reversed the way it was plugged into the receptacle. The tech at the next bench over from me was the senior tech. He warned me to be careful of this o-scope because it shocked people. He said, "Watch out. It has a neutral in it!!"

480sparky

"I removed this [switch/outlet/control panel/fan/whatever] and don't remember how the wires were connected."

Corallary to that one: "I replaced this 3-way, and connected it just like the original. It doesn't work now".

Original was a Leviton, replacement is a P&S or vice-versa......

Same thing happens when they replace a split/half-hot duplex. They wonder why the switch doesn't turn the lamp off........

zappy

The heck it doesn't!

The heck it doesn't!

I was wiring a chandiler and the foreman says it doesn't matter which wire goes
were it will still work.

EC2253

Customer called the other day said his lights would not work I asked him if the breaker tripped he said no but he took out the skinny bulbs (t8s) and put in the fat ones (t 12s) cause he thought he would get more light. I said try putting the skinny ones back in he has not called back.

Oakey

In a day care center:
"We put cones around the A/C outlet because it is so hot we didn't want the kids burning there hands on it."

The handy man put in 30 amps fuses so it would not trip.
True

Besoeker

I've heard a few in my time.
This one is more about ignorance than stupidity.
Earlier this year I was driving to a customer's works with our workshop foreman to carry out some requested modifications to a standard industrial type VSD panel. We got about halfway when the customer called.
"Sorry, I don't think you can do the work today."
"OK. Why not?"
"Well, it's raining."
Sure enough, it was raining. But it took a moment or two to understand the significance of the comment.
The panel was sited outside in his stock yard.
First time I have ever had a job rained off.....

I was working in a particular house for weeks. I had not heard from the homeowner in a while, and then got a call to install a dining room chandelier.
When I got to the house the wife pulled me aside and told me the husband thought that after watching me for a while he got the "hang of it" in regards to wiring. He wired the chandelier, but no matter what he did, the breaker would trip. He was too embarassed after that to call me, so his wife called.

When people use to ask me "is that the best price you can offer me". I would say of course not, and raise it...that stops them in their tracks. ;)

tonyou812

I was working with a young helper from Mississippi once and i was showing him how to hang a big chandelier and when I hooked up the ground wire he said to me "wow you all ground up here we dont bother down Mississippi"

zog

After teaching thousands of training classes I have heard some great ones, but this is my favorite.

While covering the 6 foot rule for fall protection a student asked "Is that measured from your head or your feet to the floor?"
Me " How tall are you?"
Student "6'2....(Long pause)..Ahhhh, never mind"

Status
Not open for further replies.