Stupidest comment you ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

I was at a big box store a few years back looking for a replacement halogen lamp. They did not have the wattage I needed so I asked the helper to get me another one of a different (lower) wattage. He replied " you can't use that." Me - " Why not." - Helper "you will burn out the ballast." I told him I'll take my chances.

boltneck

i did all my own wiring, i just need someone to hook it up to the "big box"

breaker must be bad its drawing too many amps

i dont mess with 240

kc8dxx

In a design review:

Our engineering staffer, "the device you want to use is not rated to handle the current for that circuit."

From a customer, "I don't care, I like the color."

wbalsam1

Grouchy old woman customer says: "I had no idea, Sonny, that it was gonna take so long or cost so darned much!"

Grouchy upstart electrician after a steady dose of these-type comments: "Lady, if you want it done for nothin', call nobody, it won't take no time at all!" :D

tonyou812

Grouchy old woman customer says: "I had no idea, Sonny, that it was gonna take so long or cost so darned much!"

Grouchy upstart electrician after a steady dose of these-type comments: "Lady, if you want it done for nothin', call nobody, it won't take no time at all!" :D
Love it and I just wrote it down for future use.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
"Can't you just increase the fuse size to stop it from blowing"
I get that, too. One reponse to my refusal to replace a 15a breaker with a 20a, which came with a detailed explanation why not, was:

"That's okay, I'll find someone who will." :rolleyes: Oy!

Status
Not open for further replies.