Stupidest comment you ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEO

Have you ever gotten a shock? Or a homeowner saying that his wiring is far better than the code because his family is going to be living there. Anybody have a homeowner shake their ladder or grab your leg to help you down without you asking for help?

cadpoint

"You can't have a receptacle in the Attic", Failed inspection of above ceiling. This was in Tenent up-fit -by other. I had the shell, and was installed in attic / crawl space. I wasn't there for the inspection.

A GFCI receptacle was there because of 210.63. To be resolzed this week.

LLSolutions

Did a small reno recently guy took out some dividing wall so we removed and moved some outlets, I get this at the end of the job, can you just take those outlets you took out and drop them in the basement with enough wire so He can put them in the wall when He finish the basement. Apparently as long as you "move" the outlet it only involves stapling the wire back up.

electricalperson

i agree theres a lot of stupid comments being made by homeowners. i dont mind them at all and i dont make fun of them. i dont expect them to know electricity so if they ask a question i try to teach them a little bit. a lot of customers dont realize that we have to follow certian rules and dont understand the dangers of electricity.

the comments i do get angry at are the lies. "it worked before you got here"

one of my favorite is 'well i know its not the light bulb because i changed it yesterday" and i go and test the lamp and it doesnt ring out

joebell

LOL. Back in the old days I was working on a panel when my beeper, on vibrate and with a brand new battery in it, went off. I jumped back and threw my hands in the air and couldn't figure out why I was still getting buzzed.:grin:

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened to.

No disrespect to the EE's out there but I once did a job where the customer said "I'm an EE I could have done this myself".

Joe

ceb58

Out side contractor installed a new distribution box 4800v 3phase. He was showing us the do's and dont's about closing and opening the switches. I ask what class arc flash was requried for this system. He replied class 4 as he is throwing the switches in, for the first time, wearing t-shirt and shorts.

peter d

When asked that by one lady, I said, "No, electrocuted is just like executed. It can only happen just the once."

"No it doesn't" she said, "I have meet people who have been electrocuted several times". "I'm a nurse". (For a Podiatrist.)

Ah, okay. :rolleyes:

Well she sure told you. :roll:

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
This probably isn't the stupidest, but it's the latest I've heard...tonight on TV there was a show on big tacky Christmas light displays (the ones where the HO's had to have a service upgrade to handle the load) and one guy talked about how he replaces the little fuses in those light strings with chunks of galvanized nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.