Violation or not ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
Feel free to add an image from your own personal pictures for others to comment on.

Please keep images as a thumb nail or small enough to not over power the text comments.

When replying please highlight the text and not the image.

Thank you, Sincerely Mark

Another C10

Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
Only thing I'll give them is at least they did not snip the grounding conductors
This image was from years ago when I went up into an attic, took this picture to show the client, gave them a price to correct. I was amazed though on their attempt to follow some form of normalcy by using J Boxes.

sparky1118

Occupation
Master Electrician
3c2a25b8ea08157e3b95628503b61bd3.jpg
25fca378c69703f3acc62c4990e8ca61.jpg
e12d8abc5fc43b4fd5e16f02b43c0146.jpg
2a4c5225c8f8ba0ff7f5c1512f59ded7.jpg
87fad586e3ed4ccf3076a106f21e3d1e.jpg
4162019faa6ce03057663e86eec1ad99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another C10

Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
Is there a problem with this image.
replying to the text makes the page a little easier to follow, so if possible when viewing an image to comment on simply reply to the posters comment, the conversation is always directed to the image for further insight. thanks

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Who has the authority to enforce the NEC when permits are not required?
Our local fire department looks for blatant issues, like the exposed wiring in picture #9, but that is only in buildings open to the public.

Another C10

Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
Who has the authority to enforce the NEC when permits are not required
I think its the electrical contractors obligation to inform the home or business owner of potentially dangerous issues, and any thing really dangerous needs to be disconnected mainly to protect the property owner and our own liability, we as professionals are indirectly obligated to secure a life threatening condition or call some one to address it, at least get in writing that the client has been informed of such a harmful or dangerous condition.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Do most of these pictures involve electrical contractors performing work, or simply 'walking past'?

480sparky

I think its the electrical contractors obligation to inform the home or business owner of potentially dangerous issues, and any thing really dangerous needs to be disconnected mainly to protect the property owner and our own liability, we as professionals are indirectly obligated to secure a life threatening condition or call some one to address it, at least get in writing that the client has been informed of such a harmful or dangerous condition.

I've posted several times about this, and was promptly told by most here to shut up about 'getting it in writing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.