Going to Waco this week end mr electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

aline

oops...back to the dungeon for me...so sorry
Another thing. Don't buy nice trucks with nice graphics. Don't spend money on nice advertising & marketing. If you do, you'll have to overcharge your customers to pay for it.

You need to be driving around in beat up old rust buckets with magnetic signs stuck to the side. Limit your advertising to business cards you print yourself and the only marketing you need is word of mouth.

I don't buy anything I see advertised on TV. How do you think these companies pay for those expensive TV ads? They pay for them with their outrageous prices and by overcharging me.

peter d

Another thing. Don't buy nice trucks with nice graphics. Don't spend money on nice advertising & marketing. If you do, you'll have to overcharge your customers to pay for it.

You need to be driving around in beat up old rust buckets with magnetic signs stuck to the side. Limit your advertising to business cards you print yourself and the only marketing you need is word of mouth.

Are you doing any seminars? It sounds like you could sell that business plan for big bucks, just like Mr. Electric sells their franchises. ;)

NolaTigaBait

I don't buy anything I see advertised on TV. How do you think these companies pay for those expensive TV ads? They pay for them with their outrageous prices and by overcharging me.

aline, you are right, the only advertising ive ever used is woed of mouth and business cards...these methods work great for me...but, every market is different

bradleyelectric

more importantly....how many employees do you have? how many do you want to have? what is your average job in man hours? 2? 20? 200? 2000?

these things all matter...

True. You need a totally different marketing approach to 2-20 hour jobs than 2000 hour jobs. The only thing similiar is you need a system to be efficient. The systems for these different markets are different though.

emahler

True. You need a totally different marketing approach to 2-20 hour jobs than 2000 hour jobs. The only thing similiar is you need a system to be efficient. The systems for these different markets are different though.

exactly...but you are not running 10 trucks, with a 2 man hour avg job length, but word of mouth...

I can run 30 people without advertising, if I bid and win 5 jobs a year...but when I need 30 calls a day to keep 10 trucks working...Word of mouth won't cut it...

nolabama

if there is a mr sparky here i have never heard of them - i have never seen a commercial, print ad , or radio ad - and i pay attention to that sort of thing - if one was joining a franchise i would think that advertising should be part of it - note: a quick fone book check shows no mr sparky or mr electric

NolaTigaBait

if there is a mr sparky here i have never heard of them - i have never seen a commercial, print ad , or radio ad - and i pay attention to that sort of thing - if one was joining a franchise i would think that advertising should be part of it - note: a quick fone book check shows no mr sparky or mr electric

i saw a van somewhere off of metairie rd. and i sae an advertisement at papworth and vets

Status
Not open for further replies.