Quality Work II

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfiesauce

The NEC deals with anything that could potentially become energized and become a hazard as well, no?
Thats why we bond both sides of the water meter. One side to help establish our path to ground, the other side to bond the cpper lines within the home for saftey.

mdshunk

The NEC deals with anything that could potentially become energized and become a hazard as well, no?
Thats why we bond both sides of the water meter. One side to help establish our path to ground, the other side to bond the cpper lines within the home for saftey.
Unless you have a plastic water meter, that's not at all why you bond around a water meter.

iwire

Staff member

The NEC already has requirements for bonding gas lines, the NEC requires a conductor sized per 250.122 and the circuit that may energize it. Basically the EGC of the equipment that may energize the as line satisfies the NEC.

The fact that the CSST manufacturer desires 6 AWG has nothing to do with the NEC.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I personally I think this looks ridiculous. But its probably just me. I like to make it more compact. and neat looking.
Is this more to your liking? There are two cables under each staple, except fror the two SER's:

staples1.jpg

ohm

Then why do you?
I was told a watermeter is not a continous path.

Usually they have a brass or bronze body but if teflon tape or pipe dope that makes them not so good as a a continous path even when installed.

Same reason EC's can't use TFE tape or pipe dope on conduit.

Rawls007

Must have sucked to spend all that time making it look pretty and it still failed inspection.

BTW, isn't there a thing about not exposing NM?

peter d

334.15 (C) says NM on the wall of an unfinished basement must be in in conduit or protected per 300.4

And once again I ask, how is this cable going to get damaged? If the cable is going to get damaged, chances are the panelboard will as well.

ohm

And once again I ask, how is this cable going to get damaged? If the cable is going to get damaged, chances are the panelboard will as well.

You said it best, axe or chainsaw! I don't know if there was a series of housefires due to damaged NM cable but it's now in the Code.

tonyou812

Is this more to your liking? There are two cables under each staple, except fror the two SER's:

staples1.jpg

Yes to me that is a much smarter install. Not as neaty neat but a B+. You can tell that guy didnt have to fuss as much as the guy that turned it into a new wallpaper in another thread or the Vo Tech one.

Speedskater

Occupation
retired broadcast, audio and industrial R&D engineering
Is that Styrofoam insulation behind the panel and the wires? I thought that Styrofoam insulation had to be covered with drywall.
Ok, it's not an NEC rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.