Quality Work II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Is that Styrofoam insulation behind the panel and the wires? I thought that Styrofoam insulation had to be covered with drywall.
Ok, it's not an NEC rule.

It is an IRC rule and in this case you are looking at a Dow product that was part of the Superior Wall system. That particular foam board has a Legacy Report that allows it to be exposed.

Nice catch otherwise.

The poster can correct me if I am wrong about the foundation system.

ivsenroute

7 pages of replies and only one other person posted a picture of good work. I think ECs suffer from ADHD with thread drifting.

peter d

Does this count as "good work"?

DSC00456.jpg

This is how you keep a fire alarm panel from going into trouble when the devices are removed:

DSC00469.jpg

electricmanscott

After 3 pages I skipped right past the rest.

There may be legit violations, minor ones at that, I can agree there but that is a damn nice job.

For those who ask why more people don't post pictures of their work here, this thread is you answer.

76nemo

It's funny because we find things wrong with a neat installation when we could still bash him if the installer did a crappy job. I think it "looks" good. Waste of space? Whatever. Waste of time? Whatever. Was there pride behind it? Yeah, there was. Minimum bending radius? Do you really see that as a concern? Two wires under one staple? Are you nitpicking? I could probably show you an installation totally opposite of what was posted. Then the bashings may be justified. Whoever did it, did it with good work ethic.
Okay, the SE cable isn't strapped, but someone took the time to make the job look nifty. Exposed NM, well, it passed inspection. Waste of space for what???
Somebody took the time to may it look organized. I think it looks fine. Of course we could of piped it in, but what's done is done. I hope like heck there is no domestic issues with axes and chainsaws:D

Last edited:

360Youth

There may be legit violations, minor ones at that, I can agree there but that is a damn nice job.

For those who ask why more people don't post pictures of their work here, this thread is you answer.

That is why I can only post about 5% of the work I do. :D

JJWalecka

Let's stay on topic here and enjoy some photos of good work:

This one impressed me that I recently inspected:

ProPanel.JPG

I would question the number of cables under one staple also. The bending radius is a bit questionable. Wasted space is a definite but the installer obviously took the extra effort to make it look neat. I might have gone a different way.
Other than what was mentioned I think it looks great. I would appreciate the fact that extra time was spent to make exposed work look good. Neatness is determined by the installer, though it?s all about making the boss money.

Quality but efficiency is key.
Just my two cents
JJ

JJWalecka

We take what is supposed to be positive and nit pick it apart. LOL I guess I am guilty also

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.