Residential Wiring

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I remember the days of installing one GFCI circuit per house, it was code compliant.
Electricians are appalled at that now, but I was recently in one of those early '90s homes to troubleshoot an exterior receptacle on the back of the house.

I expected to see at least the master bathroom separated from all the rest, but it wasn't. There was only one circuit. Front and rear receptacles, two in the garage, one in the basement, and four bathrooms.

I asked the owners if they ever had any problems with overloading that circuit. They said they couldn't remember ever having that breaker trip in 8 years living there

Rick 0920

Occupation
Electrical Instructor
It says your an instructor in Florida, if I am not mistaken for the last decade (since 2014) its been in the FECC section C405.7.3 states that feeders are to be sized for a maximum voltage drop of 2%, Branch circuits are under FECC C405.7.3.2 are 3% so I would say its not accurate to say the Florida code omits voltage drop, its just not in the scope of the National Electrical Code to even address the topic so it went in a different code.
I was referring to residential installations. I think the FECC refers to commercial buildings.