you're wrong. no you're stupid. well you're stupider so there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgone

I'd like to see how a utility would size their transformer to feed that load ;)
Good if the drive used is 12-pulse. Knowing that a 6-pulse drive will have a very high harmonics content. Remember that a 6-pulse drive with 2-3% line reactor will have to derate the supply transformer by approximately 85%. Loading the transformer more than 85% (which the OP did) gives no margin for extra load capacity.

Sahib

Please put it in black and white. Prove your competence by demonstrating the appropriate transformer KVA for 1000hp motor for all of us to see. That is this thread all about.:thumbsup:

Besoeker

Please put it in black and white. Prove your competence by demonstrating the appropriate transformer KVA for 1000hp motor for all of us to see. That is this thread all about.:thumbsup:

Would the number of my successful design, manufacture, install projects do that for you?
Paper mills, dockyards, steel mills, pumping stations, etc.
Blue chip paying customers........

I'm with jumper. The tone of your post comes across as not a lot more than a little irritating.
But that's OK I guess given idiomatic English may not be your forte.

I hope you have had a good day.

Sahib

Would the number of my successful design, manufacture, install projects do that for you?
Paper mills, dockyards, steel mills, pumping stations, etc.
Blue chip paying customers........

I'm with jumper. The tone of your post comes across as not a lot more than a little irritating.
But that's OK I guess given idiomatic English may not be your forte.

I hope you have had a good day.
If you want to extend the thread in that way without giving any definitive answer, the thread will be very boring indeed.

Besoeker

I am curious so I will ask.

The NEC has us add 25% for loads that could run continuously for 3 hours or more, basically a fudge/CYA/plan for the worst factor.

is this pretty much what you are doing also?
Much simpler. It is usually the least cost power component to figure in extra capacity for non linear loads or goof ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.