Hard-wiring dishwasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

stickboy1375 said:
Someone better call Mielee because they come with a 6' cord...

They may not be covered by NEC...manufacuring.
What size are the wires in that tiny DW JB...they ain't #12s or even #14s!

celtic

stickboy1375 said:
I know, manufactures have is easy if you ask me...

Yeah, they don't have to drive half-way across town in the rain/snow and take off their boots to do a job :D

celtic

wireman3736 said:
That sounds just like what I said, 4' from the plane of the rear of the dishwasher, at least another 2' to the box and in the box makes a 6' cord about right, Do you disagree?

I just asked you how you felt about it.

celtic

stickboy1375 said:
I told a woman once when she asked me to take my boots off, I didn't want to get my socks dirty... :) that didn't go over to good...

LMAO....another satisfied customer :D

e57

Wow this thread has taken some turns.....

Back to those boots - they are a personal safety item. And if you really want to keep them on - brag about that athetes foot. It works for me...

allenwayne

I keep a pack of surgical booties with me.If that isn`t good enough well they can do the work themselves.But I am not working in socks.

Jim W in Tampa

e57 said:
Wow this thread has taken some turns.....

Back to those boots - they are a personal safety item. And if you really want to keep them on - brag about that athetes foot. It works for me...

I will do very little without my boots on.Tell her to cover the floors with plastic and call you back.Or were your boots filthy? Usually i carry extra pair just in case previous job was in the mud.Extra jeans and t shirt too.

milwaukeesteve

by CELTIC
The point is:
There is more than one way to wire a DW and be code compliant...both methods are...."quality" is opinion.

Now if the HO wanted to pay extra for the device and plate, drilling the cabinet (I hate to put them behind the units), attaching the cord (even if it comes "wired" from the appliance store, I check it)...I would more than happy to give them a number

Celtic, where do you plan on installing the outlet, if you hate to put them behind the units?
I didn't know we could pass a cord through a cabinet, unless it was a listed device and installation (ie an over the stove micro/hood).

celtic

milwaukeesteve said:
Celtic, where do you plan on installing the outlet, if you hate to put them behind the units?
I didn't know we could pass a cord through a cabinet, unless it was a listed device and installation (ie an over the stove micro/hood).

See 422.16(B)(2)(4)

celtic

milwaukeesteve said:
Thank you for the clarification.
No problem.

You can cord it up, drill a hole, and you're done....leave it for whenever the plumbers get done doing their thing - they can plug it in.

stickboy1375

I just install the cord on the DW, let the plumber worry about drilling a hole for the cord in the cabinet, if the DW is on site... the way I look at it they make more money than me anyway... :)

Jim W in Tampa

stickboy1375 said:
I just install the cord on the DW, let the plumber worry about drilling a hole for the cord in the cabinet, if the DW is on site... the way I look at it they make more money than me anyway... :)

I see you making a return trip because the plumber thinks you make the big bucks.And just who puts this cord on the replacement DW that wasnt factory installed ? Is he qualified to do a cord but not romex ?

Status
Not open for further replies.