Quality Work II

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaov

Yes to me that is a much smarter install. Not as neaty neat but a B+. You can tell that guy didnt have to fuss as much as the guy that turned it into a new wallpaper in another thread or the Vo Tech one.
This is more to my liking. Neat and workman like. No silliness.

mdshunk

Clinic headwall:

headwallrough.jpg

mdshunk

Right, I figured that....what are all the different systems there? Just trying to edumacate myself.
Many are surface mounted. Some are not. Some come with templates to mount your boxes in, some you just have to measure really well. Some you're just matching an elevation drawing, and it's not really a "system" type.

ITO

If this were my electrician that burned up all my labor hours and then some building this monument to his ego, I would probably fire him. Please don’t mistake this for quality, it’s an expression of a compulsive disorder. All I see is wasted space and dollars.

ProPanel.JPG
[/quote]

This looks a lot better, the electrician took the time to make it neat without with out wasting time.

staples1.jpg

Headwalls are a pain, and unless the GC has an MEP coordinator and sits down with all the MEP trades to work it all out, it can become a cluster. While I don’t know the particulars into how this wall was coordinated, executed and the sequence it has more flex in it than I like to see in a headwall. Although given the circumstances it may have been the only way to do it, I dunno.

headwallrough.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stickboy1375

If this were my electrician that burned up all my labor hours and then some building this monument to his ego, I would probably fire him. Please don’t mistake this for quality, it’s an expression of a compulsive disorder. All I see is wasted space and dollars.

ProPanel.JPG

This looks a lot better, the electrician took the time to make it neat without with out wasting time.

staples1.jpg

The only problem with your opinion is that larry could be the slowest guy in town and the first picture could have only taken 3 hours where the bottom picture still could have taken 8 hours... It really does not matter what it looks like but how long it actually took. JMO....

peter d

The only problem with your opinion is that larry could be the slowest guy in town and the first picture could have only taken 3 hours where the bottom picture still could have taken 8 hours... It really does not matter what it looks like but how long it actually took. JMO....

I agree, although to make the cables that straight and to use that many staples is a time killer.

Although hard to tell, it looks like they only installed one NM cable per connector too, which is also a waste. I would have doubled them up.

stickboy1375

I agree, although to make the cables that straight and to use that many staples is a time killer.

Although hard to tell, it looks like they only installed one NM cable per connector too, which is also a waste. I would have doubled them up.

I agree, not my cup of tea install, but if the guy got paid for it, good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.