Thinking about the next guy, running conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
I think this thread is being pretty unfair to Mule.

I don't see it that way. I see Mule coming here telling us all how all ECs should operate and many of us not agreeing with it.

That is how it works, it is a forum, we disagree. Mule has every right to run his company how he wants and post his views here but no one gets a free pass from being questioned on those views. :smile:

Mule

I guess what frustrates me the most, is why do I get bomb barded for trying to treat my customer with respect, by providing a value leveraged product.(meaning a high quality at an affordable price) then you get beat up about it...why?, "when your different than the pack of wolves, you'd better look out".

The only explanation I can come up with is that this mindset offends others...

Sparky555

did you read the original post?

Actually I read the whole thread Mule. I bend conduit in attics with truss joists on 24" centers. Sometimes it's hard & sometimes it's easy, but I can always get where I'm going one way or the other.

Mule

Actually I read the whole thread Mule. I bend conduit in attics with truss joists on 24" centers. Sometimes it's hard & sometimes it's easy, but I can always get where I'm going one way or the other.

no body said anything about a attic....

mdshunk

Noooo... stop being so thin-skinned. Your mindset offends no one. Heck, I don't even know you, and we'll likely never meet. It's just that there's 10 ways to do any given job. Two of them are wrong. Two of them are prohibitively expensive. Two of them everyone will agree are stupid. That leaves 4 ways to do that job. Just read any post with an open mind, reserve your right to tell me (or anyone else) that you disagree, and the reasons why.

Tell me, what if this one particular industrial customer starts using someone else, what happens to your business?

peter d

Knock knock...anybody home? You started the topic on an internet forum. You opened yourself up to the scrutiny.

Not everyone is going to roll over and agree with you, especially on controversial topics like these. So like they say, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Mule

Knock knock...anybody home? You started the topic on an internet forum. You opened yourself up to the scrutiny.

Not everyone is going to roll over and agree with you, especially on controversial topics like these. So like they say, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Im still in the kitchen, and Im not quitting untill you guys see me squarely..You guys are beating me up just because you dont understand me.

Iwire?

mdshunk

Im still in the kitchen, and Im not quitting untill you guys see me squarely..You guys are beating me up just because you dont understand me.
I understand you quite well, and the host of others with your same feelings who have come before you. I just do not agree with you, is all. You seem to have the feeling that if someone does not agree with you, they must not clearly understand what you're saying, else they would see it more your way. I'm sitting here telling you that I understand you very well, I understand all the reasons why you do the things you do, but I choose not to agree with you or operate that way.

peter d

If you reread this thread you will see that you were understood perfectly. You're just not understanding us. :D

Mule

He started out with "I see...", which means he is drawing a summary conclusion. It does not necessarily mean that it was implicitly stated, but certainly you would say that more EC's, in your opinion, should operate with your principles? If the answer is in the affirmative, then Bob's conclusion was correct.

I see you and Iwire stick together, no matter what......well Im still standing, you can cancel my membership, and I'll still say that your misunderstanding me....I have done nothing to offend anyone...only trying to hold up the workmanship manner of the trade, and you guys wont let up.....No body is Man enough to simmer down IMO

Mule

AND, when I have to deal with your installation, I have to tell the customer why my installation took longer. And they say "Oh, I see" then they call me next time instead of you...O'well

IMO here's what started it all....read it, and tell me Im wrong?

mdshunk

I see you and Iwire stick together, no matter what......well Im still standing, you can cancel my membership, and I'll still say that your misunderstanding me....I have done nothing to offend anyone...only trying to hold up the workmanship manner of the trade, and you guys wont let up.....No body is Man enough to simmer down IMO
Hey brother, I'm smiling ear to ear. I'm far from offended. In fact, I'm intrigued and entertained. I don't need to simmer down, because I'm not even 1% upset about anything. We need people like you to temper hacks like me. Keep on preaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.